Sunday, February 23, 2014

Quotes for the Week: Amar Gopal Bose (1929 - 2013)

Amar Bose was a Bengali American academic and entrepreneur. He was an electrical engineer and sound engineer, and a professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology for over 45 years. He was also the founder and chairman of Bose Corporation, a company that specialize in audio equipment.

Here are some of his quotes while he was alive:
Amar Gopal Bose
Amar Bose image: Boston Magazine
I really wanted to do research. That has never changed.
I’m forming a charitable institution for education.
We learned the value of research in World War II.
All military and most commercial aircraft use our designs that process power from jet engines.
Research in this country is going down.
At 13, I realized that I could fix anything electronic. It was amazing, I could just do it. I started a business repairing radios. It grew to be one of the largest in Philadelphia.
I loved music, and in my ninth year at MIT, I decided to buy a hi-fi set. I figured that all I needed to do was look at the specifications. So I bought what looked like the best one, turned it on, and turned it off in five minutes, the sound was so poor.
The prejudice was so bad in the United States at that time that a dark person with a white person would not be served in a restaurant. My father, mother, and I would try it occasionally. We would sit there, and the food would never come.

Have a great week all faithful blog readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's your view on this? We'll be happy to listen to your opinion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...