Sunday, June 16, 2013

Quotes for the week: Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)

Sir Isaac Newton was a British scientist who lived between the 17th and 18th century. He is popular till today for his work on Calculus (Integral and Differential) and the Newton’s three laws of motion including the laws of gravity. He is often regarded as one of the greatest British scientists.


Here are seven of his quotes to remember this week:
We build too many walls and not enough bridges.
Quotes for the week, Isaac Newton
I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people.
To every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction.
Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.
To me there has never been a higher source of earthly honour or distinction than that connected with advances in science.
I do not know that I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.
If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
Enjoy your week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's your view on this? We'll be happy to listen to your opinion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...