Sunday, October 13, 2013

Quotes for the Week: Steve Wozniak (1950 - )



Steve Wozniak who is popularly referred to as Woz is an American inventor, computer engineer and programmer who co-founded Apple Computer with the late Steve Jobs. Steve Wozniak was responsible for the invention of the Apple I and Apple II computers in the 1970s.

Of course, Steve is still alive and still has more quotes to give to the world. Here are some remarkable quotes he has said about things ranging from technology (obviously) and the intention to serve people. Enjoy:
Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs
Steve Wozniak (left) and Steve Jobs. Img: CelebrityTypes
Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window.
Teachers started recognizing me and praising me for being smart in science and that made me want to be even smarter in science!
I’d learned enough about circuitry in high school electronics to know how to drive a TV and get it to draw shapes of characters and things.
Some great people are leaders and others are more lucky, in the right place at the right time. I’d put myself in the latter category. But I’d never call myself a normal designer of anything.
You know what, Steve Jobs is real nice to me. He lets me be an employee and that’s one of the biggest honours of my life.
Steve Jobs didn’t really set the direction of my Apple I and Apple II designs but he did the more important part of turning them into a product that would change the world. I don’t deny that.
Creative things have to sell to get acknowledged as such.
For some reason I get this key position of being one of two people that started the company that started the revolution.
I don’t really know what Gates’ and Jobs’ feelings are about each other. I think that Steve is probably a little jealous that Bill wasn’t smarter but wound up with the mass market dollar.
All of a sudden, we’ve lost a lot of control,’ he said. ‘We can’t turn off our internet; we can’t turn off our smartphones; we can’t turn off our computers. You used to ask a smart person a question. Now, who do you ask? It starts with g-o, and it’s not God…
I had a TV set and a typewriter and that made me think a computer should be laid out like a typewriter with a video screen.
My whole life had been designing computers I could never build.
If I designed a computer with 200 chips, I tried to design it with 150. And then I would try to design it with 100. I just tried to find every trick I could in life to design things real tiny.
My goal wasn’t to make a ton of money. It was to build good computers.
In the end, I hope there’s a little note somewhere that says I designed a good computer.
Have a great design week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's your view on this? We'll be happy to listen to your opinion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...